Welcome back to PSA Thursday, a weekly-ish segment in which we talk about how to handle money, work, and life in the year that is 2020.
Today we provide an update on the latest news in student loan forgiveness and forbearance, plus smart strategies for student loan repayment in 2021.
Here’s what we discuss:
- When you can expect to make payments on qualifying student loans again
- What could happen in the future
- How to budget for your student loan repayments
- Should you make extra student loan payments?
- What you should do if you have private student loans
- How your employer could potentially help you pay off your loans (if they have an educational assistance program in place)