My readers and podcast listeners regularly reach out to me to say that they’re afraid to invest in rental properties because they don’t want to put their life savings at risk on a deal.
I get that – but, if you approach real estate investing the right way (with risk management in mind), then you can save yourself a lot of money and trouble, and reap the benefits.
After 7 years of being a landlord, I wanted to share some of the common (and expensive!) mistakes I’ve seen other rental investors make, and how to avoid them. So if you’ve been considering rental property investing, this is a must-watch.
Here’s what this video covers:
- Mistake #1: Relying on appreciation
- Mistake #2: Over-leveraging
- Mistake #3: Using the wrong formulas
- Mistake #4: Using magical BS accounting
- Mistake #5: Not having a strategy
- Mistake #6: Being unclear on whether you’re buying a personal property or investment property
- Mistake #7: Listening to the wrong people
I hope you find these lessons helpful, and if you’re interested in rental properties, sign up for our FREE 7-day email series for more info: https://affordanything.com/viplist