Okay, so everyone and their dog is talking about Bitcoin — but what exactly is it? And what’s Ethereum?
There’s a famous adage that you should never invest in something that you don’t understand.
Today’s episode is intended to help you understand WTF is going on. Here’s what we cover:
- We explain the history and purpose of blockchain, which is the technology underlying cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin
- We introduce Bitcoin, which is a use case of blockchain and currently the most popular digital currency. We explain how Bitcoin is created, what “mining” means, what “halving” means, and why some people believe that Bitcoin will continue to increase in value
- We discuss Ethereum, which is about use case of blockchain, and is a software platform on which developers build decentralized apps
- We discuss the environmental impact of Bitcoin, including a discussion about the difference between proof-of-work vs proof-of-stake protocols
If you’re feeling lost in the topic and confused by the jargon, start with this episode in which we cover the basics about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
I’m inviting you to start investing in crypto with Voyager. Download the app and trade $100 to get $25 of free Bitcoin.
Use code D75C46 or this link to claim your BTC: https://voyager.onelink.me/WNly/referral?af_sub5=D75C46
- 51% Attack | Article on Binance (not for newbies!)
Thanks to our sponsors!
Want to streamline your leasing process and find the perfect tenant? Apartments.com lets you list your units, screen and receive applications, create leases, collect rent, and track maintenance and expenses, for free. It’s the number one rental network. Go to apartments.com/paula to get started.
Boll & Branch
Boll & Branch have a transparent manufacturing process and they’re committed to using 100% organic cotton. They’ve saved 21,252 metric tons of carbon emissions and 592 gallons of water by using sustainable raw materials. Get 15% off your first set of sheets when you use the code paula at bollandbranch.com.
Want to create a portfolio of globally diversified, low-cost index funds personalized just for you? There are no manual trades, picking stocks, or watching the stock market every day with Wealthfront. They handle all the investing based on your preferences. Wealthfront is trusted with over $20 billion of assets, and you can get your first $5,000 managed for free by going to wealthfront.com/paula.
Native creates safe, simple, effective products with trusted ingredients and performance. Their deodorant doesn’t have aluminum and comes in a wide variety of scents. They also have bar soap, body wash, toothpaste, and plastic-free deodorant. Go to nativedeo.com/paula for 20% off!