The title says it all. Paula Pant interviews Mr. Money Mustache about his dating life.
We chat about why he wants to date inside the FIRE community (financial independence, retire early) – and whether he’s had any luck.
We discuss the perils of navigating into the dating world after a divorce, which he did at age 43.
And – AHEM – HE’S ON THE APPS. Well, specifically, he’s on one app. And it’s technically not an app, it’s a website. Whatever. HE’S ONLINE DATING, FOLKS. We talk about the difference between flirting in real life vs. online, and he dishes about what he looks for in a dating profile.
Our conversation also covers:
- What’s the point of dating someone inside the FIRE community, anyway? Do you really want to talk about money all day? (Hint: nope)
- Is he a serial monogamist?
- What should you do if one person is more interested in frugality, while the other is into investing?
- Personality, values, communication, chemistry … how can you find that ideal fit?
- How long does it take to figure out if you’re compatible?
- How quickly has he introduced his teenage son to his former (then-current) girlfriends?
- What advice does he share with his son about dating?
Mr. Money Mustache is the pseudonym of Pete Adeney, one of the most prominent figures in the FIRE movement. He co-stars with Paula, Tiffany Aliche and Ross Mac in the 2022 Netflix documentary Get Smart with Money.
Thanks to our sponsors!
If you’re looking for amazing talent to bolster your team, you need Indeed. There are no long-term contracts, you can pause your account at any time, and you only pay for what you need. Go to indeed.com/paula and start hiring today.
Act! is an integrated CRM and e-marketing tool that lets you automate repetitive tasks, create personalized marketing campaigns, track performance, pinpoint priority leads, and accurately predict your revenue. Go to act.com/paula to start your 14-day free trial and get 10% off your Act! subscription.
Zocdoc is a FREE app that shows you doctors who are patient-reviewed, take your insurance and are available when you need them. Go to Zocdoc.com/paula and download the Zocdoc app for FREE.
The Afford Anything Podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp. This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/affordanything