UPDATE: This trip is sold out! Thanks everyone!!
The most memorable experiences come from combining everything you love:
- Friends and family
- Inspiring conversation
- Beautiful settings
- Amazing food
A small group of us intend to create this space at a 17th-century resort in the lush mountains of Otavalo, Ecuador.
One dozen amazing people, plus four hosts, will spend a week discussing financial freedom, happiness, life passions, investing, real estate, sustainability, generosity and service, philosophy, and living your personal legend.
The purpose? To create “an extended period of time for reflection in a beautiful country to define and design the next phase of your life,” writes happiness guru Cheryl Reed, the organizer of this retreat.
Wow. I couldn’t have phrased that any better.
If you’re in the habit of reading financial blogs, you’ve probably already read rave reviews about this Ecuador retreat. In the past two years, hosts of this trip have included:
- Mr. Money Mustache, who famously retired at age 32 so he and his wife could both be stay-at-home parents.
- Jim Collins, who quit his job at age 25 to travel the globe and developed a “driving ambition to have F-You money.”
- J.D. Roth, who pulled himself out of $35,000 in debt, dropped 50 pounds, launched (and sold) his own business, and learned how to speak fluent Spanish.
Those links above will connect you with the stories that MMM, Jim and J.D. wrote about the Ecuadorian retreat. If you’re hungry for more, check out these photos.
This year’s crowd promises to be immensely engaging. Come join us.
Where: Otavalo is an indigenous town in the Andes Mountains, surrounded by volcanos, mountains, hiking trails, and lush greenery.
The town sits at 8,300 feet (2,500 ft) above sea level in a spring-like valley, nestled between two volcanos that reach 15,000 ft. to 16,000 ft.
The retreat is held on the grounds of Hacienda Cusin, a gorgeous-and-authentic resort featuring cobblestone paths, wood beams, bountiful gardens, log-burning fireplaces and a pristine lake that reflects the volcanos. Here’s an abundance of breathtaking photos.
Why: To create lifelong friendships, both old and new. To reflect on life, find purpose, and proceed boldly in a new direction. To master the intersection between passive income (through investments and real estate) and living your ultimate dream.
We’ll assist the local Ecuadorian community through a one-day service project, and experience the local indigenous culture through music, food and dance. Ten percent of the profits from this retreat will be donated directly back to the local community through Project One Corner, which provides members of the local community with everything from backpacks to school computers, from providing scholarships to rebuilding houses after natural disasters.
You should come if:
- You’re interested in deep conversations about financial freedom, investing, happiness and life.
- You want a period of reflection, introspection, and inspiration, with a like-minded community.
- You’d love to visit Ecuador in the company of friends-you-haven’t-met-yet.
- You’re free from high-interest debt. (Having a mortgage or low-interest student loan is okay.)
You should NOT come if:
- You dislike travel.
- You have 5-star, Ritz Carlton-level expectations.
- You’re living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- You’re not saving for retirement.
- You’re burdened with high-interest debt. (Anything above 8 percent APR.)
- You have zero or insufficient emergency savings.
Image courtesy Flickr / Hacienda Cusin
Learn How To Escape the 9-5
Get free updates on building wealth and living to the fullest.