Does work/life balance sound like a mythical wonderland that only a select few ever achieve?
Do you make it a goal to enter this mythical wonderland each year, only to end up completely disappointed a month or two later?
Or have you completely written off this mythical land to double-down on work in hopes that you’ll achieve financial independence sooner?
Neither of these has to be the reality you settle for.
Work and life can coexist together. Without enormous trade-offs.
But you need to ruthlessly prioritize both areas of your life to make it happen.
“Yeah, okay. Please indulge me. Tell me how I can achieve this so-called work/life balance.”
We’ll leave that to our guests, best-selling author Michael Hyatt, and his daughter and CEO of Michael Hyatt & Co, Megan Miller Hyatt.
They both practice what they preach in their new book, Win at Work & Succeed at Life, and they’re here to share concrete examples and actionable steps you can take today to make work/life balance achievable.
- How constraints increase productivity
- Why working over 40 hours per week can harm your mental and physical health
- Why rest (namely, sleep) is non-negotiable
- How taking care of yourself can give you an edge at work
If you’re struggling with fatigue from trying to juggle too many balls at once and you’re hanging on by a thread, you’ll want to tune in.
You’ll enjoy this episode if…
- You think work/life balance is a total myth and have surrendered to feeling endlessly behind in both areas.
- You’re curious about how taking care of your personal life can give you an edge in your professional life.
- You’re a workaholic desperately trying to break out of the “I-need-to-spend-every-moment-being-productive” mindset.
- You’re a leader/manager and want to help foster a company culture that allows employees to prioritize life, too.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Want to earn cashback with a debit card? Then check out Rewards Checking from Radius Bank. You automatically earn 1 percent cash back with every purchase made, and you can earn 1.5 percent cash back on select categories. Their customer service is available seven days a week. To get started, head over to radiusbank.com/paula and enter code ‘paula’ for a $50 sign-on bonus.
Public.com is creating a new, more inclusive culture for investing. You can start investing today with as little as $1. You’ll even get a free slice of stock when you join. Go to public.com/affordanything to download the Public app. You can follow me and see what I’m investing in, too.
Created by celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin, OUAI’s hair care, body, and fragrance products are cruelty-, sulfate-, and paraben-free. Use their Detox Shampoo to reset your hair and scalp once-a-week. It smooths frizz and creates shine for all hair types. Go to theouai.com and use code “affordanything” to get 15% off your entire purchase. They have refillable pouches, too.
Ritual’s clean, vegan-friendly multivitamin is formulated with high-quality nutrients in bioavailable forms your body can actually use. You’ll always know what nutrients you’re taking and where they come from thanks to Ritual’s unique visible supply chain. Get 10 percent off during your first three months at ritual.com/affordanything.