Do you feel like you’ve spent the last few months on an emotional rollercoaster? Especially with your finances?
Many of us have experienced one — if not all — of the following situations since March:
- Volatility in the stock market rattling our retirement portfolios
- Inconsistent and sometimes delayed unemployment benefits
- Uncertainty around employment, including reduced hours, reduced pay, furloughs, and safety issues
- Fears about our own health and safety
- Fears about the health and safety of loved ones
It’s been a tough year, and we’re only halfway through it.
Today’s guest has insights and actions to help you build financial resilience in 2020. Not only will you emerge from the events of this year stronger, you’ll also face future personal challenges and economic downturns with more confidence and knowledge.
Our guest is Dr. Brad Klontz, a clinical psychologist and Certified Financial Planner. He’s the author of five books on the psychology of money, a founder of the Financial Psychology Institute, a managing principal of Your Mental Wealth Advisors, and a fellow of the American Psychological Association. He’s also a former associate professor of personal financial planning at Kansas State.
Dr. Klontz appeared on our show in April 2018 to discuss unhealthy attitudes towards money. We invited him back for his expertise on coping with recent situations and developing financial resilience in 2020.
You’ll enjoy this episode if:
- You’re reeling from all the uncertainty in the world and want simple ways to cope
- You want to cultivate financial resiliency to come out of this stronger and never go through it again
- You feel like your emotions are controlling you and there’s no end in sight
- Stress has taken a large toll on you and you’re ready to find some semblance of peace
- @drbradklontz on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | YouTube
- Mind Over Money, by Dr. Brad Klontz
- Wired For Wealth, by Dr. Brad Klontz
Thanks to our sponsors!
Grammarly is the digital writing assistant that helps more than 20 million people put their best words forward. It’s available on multiple platforms like Gmail, Google Docs, and Slack, so you can communicate clearly and effectively everywhere. If you want to develop your skills as a writer, Grammarly offers great tips when it suggests corrections on tone, word choice, punctuation, sentence structure, and style. Head to Grammarly.com/Paula to get 20% off Grammarly Premium.
Do you have an e-commerce business or side hustle? Having quick and easy shipping is a must for your customers and your business. Companies that use Shippo save thousands of dollars – its volume discounts can save you up to 90 percent off carrier rates. Get a shipping consultation and Shippo pro plan six month trial for free at goshippo.com/affordanything.
Want to reduce your cell phone bill? Mint Mobile costs just $15 per month, and every plan comes with unlimited nationwide talk and text. You don’t have to pay for unlimited data you’ll never use – Mint Mobile offers 3GB, 8GB, or 12GB of 4G LTE data each month. You can use your phone with Mint Mobile and keep your phone number. Go to mintmobile.com/paula for your $15 per month plan.
Most of us find ourselves in situations where we need to wear dress pants, whether it be for work, a conference, or a meeting. If only you could wear comfortable pants to everything, right? Well…now you can! Betabrand offers dress pant yoga pants, and they’re as awesome as they sound. Check out betabrand.com/paula and get 25% off one pair.