Hey Podcast family!
Remember about two years ago, when I mentioned that Afford Anything would start hosting in-person live events?
Then came a pandemic and ruined all our plans. 😑
Now we’ve turned a corner, and we’re excited about hosting a live workshop and retreat again.
We’re hosting a three-day event in New York City on August 20-22, dedicated to figuring out the next ten years.
And here’s a page that explains evvvverything, including the agenda.
Sign up and grab one of our discounted tickets by August 9.
See you in New York!
What do you typically attribute someone’s success to?
The hours they’ve spent practicing?
These are the typical stories of success that we hear, but these stories are outdated.
Dr. Ron Friedman, award-winning social psychologist, dove deep into the research. He looked at how the best artists, athletes, and entrepreneurs get to the top of their game.
The credit doesn’t go to talent or work ethic.
Instead, the credit goes to the framework these top performers used to learn.
Dr. Friedman distills his research in his new book, Decoding Greatness, and explains how we can use this same framework to improve our skills and achieve greatness.
In this interview, Dr. Friedman discusses:
- Why reverse engineering is at the crux of success
- How to use collections and templates to elevate our skills
- The scoreboard principle, with which we can measure anything
- How to ensure you’re measuring the things that will help you achieve greatness
- Why you need counter-metrics in place (and the danger in over-optimizing for one thing)
- The process of making implicit learning more explicit
- The three dimensions of practice and why one isn’t enough
Dr. Friedman shares actionable insights and wisdom that anyone can use in any area of life. Whether you want to improve your writing, drawing, gardening, listening, or athletic ability, this framework is applicable.
You’ll like this episode if you want to…
- systematically develop or improve a certain skillset
- discover the learning framework the best artists, athletes, and businesspeople use to improve and hone their craft
- unlock and harness the power of reverse engineering greatness
- Decoding Greatness, by Dr. Ron Friedman | Book
- Decodinggreatness.com | Website
- Ronfriedmanphd.com | Website
- Ignite80.com | Website
Thanks to our sponsors!
Stamps.com brings the services of the U.S. Postal Service right to your computer. You can print official U.S. postage 24/7 for any letter, package, and class of mail for any destination. You can schedule a free package pickup, too. Get a special offer that includes a 4-week trial plus free postage and a digital scale by going to stamps.com, clicking on the microphone at the top, and typing in paula.
If you’re looking for amazing talent to bolster your team, you need Indeed. There are no long-term contracts, you can pause your account at any time, and you only pay for what you need. Get a free $75 credit to upgrade your job post at indeed.com/paula.
Want to earn cashback with a debit card? Then check out LendingClub Bank (previously Radius Bank). You automatically earn 1 percent cash back with every purchase made. To get started, head over to gobank.lendingclub.com/paula and enter code ‘paula’ for a $50 sign-on bonus.
It’s nice to feel comfortable and put together, especially when working from home. Betabrand has many different styles of dress pant yoga pants, and they’re as awesome as they sound. Check out betabrand.com/paula and get 30% off one pair.