We are living in a time of extreme uncertainty.
Many of us are questioning how we can best use the funds we have to survive it.
“Should I sell the funds I have invested in the market, or keep contributing?”
“Should I continue with my plans to invest in real estate?”
“Should I hoard all of my cash in case this gets worse?!”
My friend and former financial planner Joe Saul-Sehy joins me on today’s show to shed light on the answers and how to handle the stock market collapse.
Here are the key points we discuss in this episode:
- Don’t panic sell and convert paper losses into real losses. Stay the course.
- If this is your first bear market, welcome to being a real investor! This is how you grow in the long-term.
- Dollar-cost averaging is your best friend.
- How this upcoming recession might be different. The silver lining? The economy was doing well going into this. But the speed at which our markets recover depends on the speed and dedication with which we flatten the curve.
- The financial principles you can use that will guide you to security in these rough times.
P.S. – Unless you’ve been tested, default to the assumption that you’re infected and act accordingly.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Native creates safe, simple, effective products with trusted ingredients and performance. Their deodorant doesn’t have aluminum and comes in a wide variety of scents for everyone. You can try it risk-free as Native offers free returns and exchanges in the US. Want to give them a try? Enter promo code paula during checkout for 20% off!
Save time by using Freshbooks, an easy-to-use, cloud-based accounting system that takes the stress and hassle out of bookkeeping and, especially, invoicing. You can create an invoice in a few seconds, and Freshbooks’ automated system will handle the rest. Visit Freshbooks.com/paula for a free 30-day trial. Please mention this show when they ask how you heard about them.
Do you want your money to make more money? Then check out Rewards Checking, from Radius Bank. You earn 1.00% APY on balances of $2,500 and up, there are no fees, and it offers unlimited one percent cash back on debit card purchases. To get started, head over to radiusbank.com/paula.
Busy, but love to read and learn? Blinkist is the only app that takes the best key takeaways from thousands of nonfiction books and condenses them down into just 15 minutes. You can start a free 7-day trial when you join at blinkist.com/paula.