It seems to be giveaway week here at Afford Anything.
Congratulations to the three AA readers who won an autographed book from Clark Howard — I emailed the winners this morning.
Next up, for those of you who like free stuff: Win a free class taught by Jean Chatzky, the financial editor of NBC’s Today Show and the author of eight personal finance books.
As you might recall, Afford Anything interviewed Jean Chatzky last year about everything ranging from entrepreneurship to the “earn more vs. save more” debate. If you want to learn more about her wise financial philosophies, though, you can enroll in one of her six online classes, which cover:
- Jumpstart Your Finances — A class for beginners that gives a broad overview of basic material, such as saving, debt, credit and insurance.
- Budgeting Bootcamp — Pretty self-explanatory, eh?
- The Debt Diet — Strategies for repaying multiple debts, plus building emergency savings.
- Crash Course in Saving More — Saving consists of both tactics and mindset. She’ll cover both.
- Yes, You Can Retire — You’ll outline your goals, and figure out a plan for hitting your benchmarks.
- Protect Your Financial Life — Insurance, estate planning, health care … this class covers everything you need to do to protect your assets.
The winner of this giveaway can enroll for free in one of these six classes — a $50 value. Each class is one hour long, streamed live, and includes “office hours” in which you can ask questions. If you can’t “attend” the live streaming, you’ll get a recording that you can watch at your convenience.
To enter, just leave a comment on the Afford Anything Facebook page that describes which class you want to take, and why.
I’ll use Random.org to pick a winner from those comments. Comments will be numbered in consecutive order. Deadline to enter: Sept 5, 2013, at 11:59 pm Eastern time. Winner will be contacted by email and has 5 calendar days to respond, or else a second winner will be chosen.
NOPE, I wasn’t paid a single penny for offering this giveaway. I didn’t get freebies or discounts, either. I just really admire Jean Chatzky, and I want to offer one of her classes — for free! — to one of my readers.
P.S. I’m going camping for the next week, without internet connection or a phone signal. (I firmly believe in disconnecting from ALL electronics at least one week a year!) If you leave a comment on this post, it might get held for moderation for a week (it won’t show up on the website until I approve it). That’s why I’m sending everyone to the Facebook page.